By now, you know all his likes and dislikes; things that catch his attention and the ones that can put him off for hours. So, keeping that in mind, you need to come up with ideas that aren't relaxing, rejuvenating, exhilarating, and exciting for him as well. Yes, an anniversary is about a couple, but keeping his interests in mind, you can easily come up with ideas to celebrate this wonderful day together.
A Serene Luncheon/Dinner
A Serene Luncheon/Dinner
- Choose a serene, secluded place―courtyard, beach, restaurant―to spend some quality time together and refreshing old memories.
- You can use white lilies or a combination of red daises and gardenia flowers to decorate the table. If you choose a beach, lake, or river venue, bring floating scented candles. Fancy oil lamps can also be used for this purpose. Plus, bring a portable music player to play your favorite songs.
- Celebration without champagne would be incomplete! Bring Brut champagne or Roederer Estate Anderson Valley Non-Vintage Brut will definitely enhance the celebration. Even a good old wine will do the trick.
- You also need to think about the food. Keeping his tastes in mind, try some different cuisines. If you are a good cook, prepare it on your own, otherwise order from a good restaurant.
- Just make sure that your attire is in accordance with the venue.
- Invite family members and friends over for a lovely party. Life has become so hectic that we hardly get a chance to see our loved ones. Your partner will certainly be happy to see his family and friends present for the occasion. This also has an added advantage. When he sees your affection and concern towards his family, he'll fall in love with you all over again!
- You can also throw a surprise party for him. This idea always works. You can take the help of his close friends for this.
- How does a second honeymoon sound? Going to the same destination where you had your first honeymoon will be exhilarating! You will be flooded with all the sweet, beautiful memories of your first honeymoon as soon as you reach the place. This will bring you both closer.
- Explore some new places. Always thought of going to Egypt or Antarctica? Here's your chance! Take a break from the usual routine and explore the world. Try some unusual holiday destinations like the Solomon Islands or Siberia. Pack your bags and surprise him!
- Go crazy! I am sure he must have told you some day about his passion for something like bungee jumping or scuba diving. Take a break and celebrate your anniversary jumping from Kawarau Bridge! If water fascinates him, take him scuba diving in Florida!
- Spending time on a cruise with him is also a good anniversary idea.
- A large photo frame of you two will be a good option. You can place it in his office, or somewhere he'll be able to see everyday.
- The latest laptop or music CDs of his favorite bands is also another option.
- Tickets to a baseball or basketball game? Give him a day out with the boys and he'll love you forever.
- If you have maintained a diary, you must have obviously written about the time you first met him. Present him that diary, he will love to read your feelings about him, right from the start of your relationship! Specially if this is your first anniversary.