Appetizers make the first course of a meal. They are served, when there is some time before the main course is served. It is often seen, that more than the main course we usually love to fill ourselves up with these light foods (although they do not necessarily be light). They are always the most anticipated item in the food list at parties, weddings, or any other celebrations. Well, since the new year is just round the corner and you have invited your friends and family over for a party, you would want to know the different recipes. You can look for recipes for easy-to-make appetizers for New Year's eve, for when you do not have a lot of time on hand. These get ready in minutes, can be made in a bulk and taste unbelievably yummy.Recipes
Starters are a part of almost all cuisines around the world. The recipes have ingredients specific to the area and not to forget the culinary secrets, which defines a particular taste for that culture. The Chinese and Italian starters are well-known across the world because of their unique combination of taste and spices. Having said that, let's take a look at some recipes.
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- While you get the pecans ready, preheat the oven to 350 ºF.
- On a baking sheet spread the pecans.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and let them roast for about 10 minutes, but make sure the pecans do not get burnt.
- When the pecans are properly roasted, the entire kitchen will be filled with pecan fragrance.
- While the pecans are getting roasted combine all the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer the pecans into a bowl and drizzle the oil mixture on them, so that the pecans are well coated and serve them warm.
- 1 packet frozen chopped spinach
- 1½ bread crumbs
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Blanch the chopped spinach in hot salt water.
- Drain and add spinach to a large bowl, then add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Make the balls and then freeze them before baking.
- Bake them for about 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 350ºF, till they are slightly brown and serve them hot.
Crispy Chicken Chunks
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (cut into pieces)
- ½ cup Bisquick mix
- 1½ cups cornflakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients other than the chicken pieces and oil and mix them well. You can also use a plastic bag to do the mixing.
- In a separate bowl, add chicken and oil and mix well.
- Then add about 6 pieces of chicken to the cornflakes and Bisquick mixture and make sure all of them are coated well with the crumbs.
- Place the chicken pieces on the microwave rack and cook it for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces to the other side and cook for another 3 minutes, till they are well cooked. Serve this with a dip of your choice.
- 1 can rinsed and drained shrimp
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 12 oz. chili sauce
- sliced ripe olives for garnishing
- On a platter, first spread a layer of cream cheese as evenly as possible.
- Then spread a layer of chili sauce over this cheese and place the shrimp delicately on the sauce.
- Grate the cheddar cheese over the shrimp and then give it a topping of any desired olives or black olives for garnish.
- These are cold appetizers so refrigerate it before serving.
Stuffed Red Potatoes with Caviar
- 16 boiled and chilled red potatoes
- 4 teaspoons cream
- 4 teaspoons caviar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Cut off the top of these red potatoes and hollow them out by scraping the meat out in another bowl.
- Fill each of these hollow potatoes with ¼ teaspoon of caviar and top it up with ¼ teaspoon of cream and then sprinkle the top with chives.
- Serve them cold.
Now that you have these recipes, you should go shopping for the necessary ingredients. Get the ingredients and make the primary preparations to make the lip-smacking appetizers. Without wasting anymore time, here's wishing you a very Happy New Year!