Every country and, in most cases, every family has its own traditions of brunch meal recipes which are used to design à la carte brunch menus for Christmas. Often, families gather together for Christmas and it is a big celebration for everyone. Children wake up on Christmas morning to see what Father Christmas has left them in the stockings. Baked treats are prepared beforehand which are served for the brunch. Using these menu ideas, you will be able to dish out a Christmas brunch like a pro. Now let's see some useful recipes.
Brunch Menu Ideas with Recipes for Christmas
These are different recipes which will help you with Christmas brunch ideas.
- Pork Casserole
- Apple Sausage Patty
- Baked French Toast
- German Pancakes with Apples
- Pork Sausage 2 pounds
- Onion (chopped) 1 large
- Rice (cooked) 2 cups
- Crisp Rice Cereal 3 cups
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded) 3 cups
- Eggs 6
- Condensed Cream of Celery Soup 2 cans
- Milk ½ cup
- You will need to use a skillet for this recipe. In the skillet, mix the sausage and chopped onion.
- Cook it till the color of the meat is no longer pink. Once it is cooked, drain out the extra water present in it.
- While the meat is getting cooked, beat the eggs along with milk and soup in a bowl.
- Take a baking dish and grease it. In the baking dish, layer the meat alternately with cooked rice, rice cereal and cheddar cheese.
- Spread the beaten eggs as the top most layer.
- Bake the dish without any cover at 350ºF for approximately 50 to 55 minutes.
- Dip a knife in the center of the dish. If it comes out clean, the dish is well-baked.
- Do not start removing immediately, let the dish stand for 5 to 7 minutes and then cut.
Apple Sausage PattyIngredients
This is my personal favorite. Do you wonder why? Because the leftovers can be used as burger patty.
- Onion (chopped) ⅓ cup
- Pork Sausage 1 pound
- Apple (peeled, shredded) 1
- Sage ½ teaspoon
- Red pepper and salt as per taste
- To make the apple sausage patty, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed well, you will be able to make about 12 balls of equal size.
- You can give the shape of your choice to the patties.
- Cover these patties and refrigerate for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Take a skillet and place the patties on the skillet and cook till their color is no longer pink. You will need approximately 5 to 7 minutes for the same.
- You can make the patties the previous day itself and refrigerate in a plastic food wrap which will help you save time on the Christmas morning.
- French Loaf Bread 1 pound
- Eggs 8
- Milk 2 cups
- 1 ½ cups Fresh Cream
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Ground Cinnamon ¼ teaspoon
- Butter ¾ cup
- Brown Sugar 1 ⅓ cups
- Light Corn Syrup 3 tablespoons
- Take a large bowl and beat the eggs along with milk, cream, vanilla and ground cinnamon. Grease the baking dish with butter.
- In the baking dish, arrange the slices of bread at the bottom. On the bread, pour the egg mixture and cover the dish and refrigerate overnight.
- On the wintry Christmas morning, preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- While the oven is heating, in a saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup till it is bubbling.
- Pour this syrup on the bread.
- Bake the dish uncovered for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Eggs 6
- Flour 1 ½ cups
- Milk 1 ½ cup
- Fresh Cream 1 ¼ cups
- Vanilla 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil ¼ cup
- Baking Powder ¼ teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Apples ⅓ cup for each pancake
- In a bowl, mix milk, vanilla and cream on medium speed for about 6 to 7 minutes, till it forms a smooth mixture.
- Add eggs and oil as you continue to beat for a while. Take a sauté pan and heat about 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- On the pan, add about 1 cup of batter and the apples. Let the pancakes cook, once they are set, lift the edges so that the uncooked batter runs under.
- Turn the pancakes while they are still wet on the surface and cook them in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Remove the pancakes and sprinkle cinnamon on them. You may want to try this recipe with blueberries instead of the apples.
I hope, by now you already have your Christmas brunch ideas in place and you are waiting to use these recipes. Here's wishing you a 'Merry Christmas' and 'happy cooking'!