Jingle Bell Door Hanger
- Metal jingle bells
- Heavy gauge wire
- Wire cutters and pliers
- Curling ribbons
- 1 inch metal rings (keyring)
- Firstly, decide the length of your hangers. Add two inches to this length, and cut the piece of wire.
- Use pliers to wrap one end of the wire around the key-chain or metal loop, once or twice; this part will be later used for hanging.
- String the jingle bells onto the wire to form a secure loop.
- Add several pieces of ribbons to the loop at the bottom, and curl.
- It's now ready, and can be hanged on the door.
Candy Cane Reindeer
- A six inch wrapped candy cane
- 2 wiggle eyes
- Red or brown pompoms
- 2 pipe cleaners
- Some craft glue or a glue gun
- Leave the wrapping on the candy cane, and glue the eyes on the cane's rounded face.
- Glue a red pompom on the face for a nose.
- On the straight part of the cane, tie a ribbon into a bow.
- Cut one of the pipe cleaners into half, and wrap the other cleaner around the crook of the cane to begin the antlers.
- Now, use the cut pipe cleaners to make the antlers.
- Small pretzels
- Curled ribbon
- Firstly, string the ribbon through the pretzel.
- Use an under-over/over-under pattern so that the pretzels remain flat.
- As you form a circle, apply glue to secure each of the pretzels.
- Add another layer on the top, and glue it on a sprig of pine or holly.
- Plastic pushpins (clear or white)
- Small Styrofoam balls
- Satin ribbon
- Glitter spray (optional)
- Insert the pushpins into the Styrofoam balls, until they are completely covered.
- Make a loop using the satin ribbons for hanging. Use one of the pushpins to secure the loop into the ball.
- Now, glitter spray lightly, to add a sparkling effect.
- Once it is dry, hang this ornament on your tree.
- Small pieces of foam in three colors: red, white, and flesh
- Small pink and white colored pompoms
- Tiny eyes
- White curled ribbons
- A pair of scissors
- Pin backing or magnet
- A craft or tacky glue
- Firstly, cut a hat out of the red craft foam.
- Now cut a small cloud shape out of the white foam. Glue this on the hat.
- Cut a small half oval-faced shape out of the flesh-colored foam.
- Glue the hat onto the face, and also glue a white pompom on the top of the hat.
- Curl about 5 ribbons, and glue them to the face. Place one near the ears, one on each side, and three at the chin.
- Glue the small pink pompom close to the beard for a nose. Use glue to place the eyes near the nose.
- Lastly, glue on a pin back or a magnet so that you can either wear it on show it off on the fridge.
- A few tinsel pipe cleaners
- Some metallic shiny pony beads
- Approximately attach 24 beads to the pipe cleaner. Leave about 2 inches on each side.
- Use the beaded segment to make a circle.
- Secure this by twisting the pipe cleaner once or twice.
- Once this is done, loop the remaining pipe cleaner segment around a pencil, to make the curly design on top.
Pine Cone Angel
- A medium-sized pine cone
- Sheet moss
- Dried silk leaves
- A wooden disk or ball
- Tacky or white glue
- Craft paint (flesh-colored)
- Fine tipped black permanent marker
- A pink marker, crayon, blush makeup, or lipstick
- A small length of rickrack, wire edged ribbon, or metallic cord
- Spray sealer, decoupage medium, or spray paint (optional)
- Invisible fish line or thread (optional)
- Select a pine cone that has open petals and a flat bottom.
- Use two dry leaves for the wings. If you are using four wings, glue them together in pairs, by using small dots of white glue between the leaves.
- If you like, you can protect them with a coating of decoupage medium or a spray sealer. You can even decorate it with gold spray paint.
- Glue the leaves at the pack of the cone.
- Now, paint the wooden disk/ ball in flesh-toned paint, and let it dry. Draw the facial features in pencil, and then trace over them with a fine tipped permanent black marker. While at this, you could add a little color to the cheeks with the lipstick or marker.
- Stick small pieces of sheet moss all around the edge of the wooden disk.
- Then, cut a small length of gold rickrack, gold cord, or even thin gold wire, use this to make a circular halo for the top of the angel's head, and stick it.
- Now, put the angel's head into place.
- If you wish to hang it, tie an invisible thread or fish line to one of the cone petals, near the head at the back.