"It's said that All Hallows' Eve is one of the nights when the veil between the worlds is thin - and whether you believe in such things or not, those roaming spirits probably believe in you, or at least acknowledge your existence, considering that it used to be their own. Even the air feels different on Halloween, autumn-crisp and bright."
― Erin Morgenstern
― Erin Morgenstern
This year, why not opt for some spooky makeup themes for Halloween? The idea is not bad at all. People have started showing keen interest in paranormal creatures, who have captured the hearts of millions. Scary makeup ideas have been inspired by vampire serials, witches, mummies, and various forms of shapelift characters. People love to emulate them and opt for costumes with scary themes during the festive season of Halloween.
Scary Makeup Ideas to Try
Whether you spend a few days or merely some hours before finalizing your costume for the day, these makeup illustrations will surely win your hearts. Take a look at some of the diverse ideas for both men and women to celebrate All Hallows' Eve in style.
Makeup Tips to Follow
Take your costume to the next level with these wonderful, easy-to-follow, and inexpensive ideas to put on the best-looking makeup ever.
- Avoid using oil-based face paints as they smear all over your skin, are touch to remover later on, and clog pores.
- If you've never used a particular makeup or paint brand before, to a small test for possible sensitivity to the product. Apply a small amount to the inside of your wrist and wait for at least 30 minutes to check the results.
- Use a paintbrush and not a makeup sponge to apply your scary makeup as it'll give you more precision than the latter.
- Always draw an outline over your face and eyes, and then proceed to filling in the makeup details.
- Start with a clean, dry face. Tie your hair up and away from your face; wear a headband if you want. Also, wrap a towel or cloth over and around your shoulders so that you don't get any makeup on your clothes.
Improvise your looks by trying different kinds of makeup. You can also dress up like a killer zombie, demon, or devil. I'm sure you will come up with lot more unique types of scary costumes.