Planning your wedding can be quite stressful if you haven’t hired a wedding planner, and trying to decide the right songs to play at your wedding reception can feel like a daunting task.
Your reception will be the majority of the wedding ceremony, so having fun and uplifting music will start the party.
Wanting a short cut? Look no further! Here are the top 30 songs to play at your wedding reception that will for sure get people up and moving at your wedding.
Things to consider when picking out reception music
Every wedding is different and should be centered around the bride and groom of that day, even the music. A great way to make a wedding personal and reflective of the relationship is to bring in songs that speak a lot about the couple.
It’s normal for a bride to want to choose songs she and her bridal party loves and will dance to, but they might be worried about guests’ opinions.
If you are worried about making the right and appropriate choices for music played at the wedding reception, there are a few things to consider:
- Content of the song
- Words and phrases
For the older generation, they might not like some of the modern music that wants to be played at the wedding. A great way to not cause animosity is to talk to relatives or guests before the wedding and let them know what’s going to be played.
When it comes to the actual planning of the music, it is smart to pick songs that make your guests want to get up and dance. Knowing your guests will also help you determine the songs you want to be played.
There’s a handful of songs that are mostly played at every wedding. To make the hunt easier, we’ve found the songs played nearly every wedding! Here are 30 songs to play at your wedding reception.
Top 30 Songs To Play At Your Wedding Reception
- Party Rock Anthem – LMAO
- She’s My Cherry Pie – Warrant
- Wobble – V.I.C
- Cupid Shuffle – Cupid
- Electric Slide – Marcia Griffiths
- Yeah! – Usher
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston
- Jump On It – Sugarhill Gang Apache
- Shut Up And Dance – WALK THE MOON
- I Gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas
- All Of Me – John Legend
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- Friends In Low Places – Garth Brooks
- Feel So Close – Calvin Harris
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson
- Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Cha Cha Slide – DJ Casper
- Drunk In Love – Beyonce & Jay-Z
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- 24k Magic – Bruno Mars
- Die A Happy Man – Thomas Rhett
- The Macarena – Los del Rino
- Footloose – Kenny Loggins
- Baby Got Back – Sir Mix-A-Lot
- Dancing Queen – Abba
- Stayin’ Alive – Bee Gees
- Uptown Girl – Billy Joel
- Pour Some Sugar On Me – Deaf Leppard