4th of July, the proudest day for every American, is the day when the country became independent from the rule of the British in 1776. This day is celebrated with great pomp and vigor by people of all ages. This day is filled with parades and fireworks in every part of the country.
People celebrate their happiness by meeting up with friends and family and arranging parties, picnics, barbecues, etc. Be it a party or a picnic, no celebration is complete without food. So, here are some food ideas that you can include in your 4th of July party menu.
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices cheddar or American cheese
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- Sliced tomatoes and onions
- Mustard sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- Cooked bacon
- Preheat the oven to 160°F. Chop the onion finely and place in a large mixing bowl. Add mustard, chili sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Put in the ground beef and mix all the ingredients together using your hands. Shape this mixture into medium-sized round balls and press them flat with both with your palms to make patties.
- Place the patty on the grill and cook for about six minutes. Flip the patty on the other side and cook for another six minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the American and Swiss cheese diagonally and keep it aside. Once you feel that the patties are cooked, place the cheese on top of it and grill again for a minute or so. Let it cool for some time.
- Split the buns and toast them. Fill them with sliced tomatoes, onions, patties, lettuce, bacon, mustard, and ketchup. You can also put an American flag toothpick on top of the burger to add to the Independence day feel.
- 4 eggs
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 1-2 small-sized onions
- 3 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 8 ounces salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 3 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 12 ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles
- Boil the eggs till they become hard. Peel and set them aside.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly under running water. Place them in a dutch cooker, add a little salt, and cook for at least 15-20 minutes.
- When potatoes are done, drain the water. Peel and chop the potatoes and onions into small pieces and also slice the eggs into long pieces.
- Take the eggs and potatoes into a large mixing bowl, and add dill, mustard, salad dressing or mayonnaise, lemon-pepper seasoning, and vinegar to it. Add onions, pickle, and artichoke hearts and mix well.
- To enhance the taste of the salad, it is important to refrigerate it for at least a day. Before serving, transfer it into a large salad bowl.
The Flag-colored Dessert
Desserts are the life of every party. Though one may have eaten a lot during lunch or dinner, there is always place for a mouth-watering dessert. After a delightful meal, they fill the mouth with a sweet taste. Here is a dessert recipe that is perfect for Independence day, as it has the colors of the American flag.
- 4 cups Angel food cake
- 4 ounces blueberries
- 16 ounces strawberries
- 4 cups boiled water
- 1 berry blue jello
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 red jello
- Divide four cups of boiling water into separate bowls. Melt red jello in one bowl and blue jello in another, while stirring continuously. Add a cup of cold water into both the bowls and mix well.
- Take two 9x13 inch pans and transfer the ingredients of both the bowls into them. Chill them in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours. Once the jellos become firm, take them out of the refrigerator and slice them into small pieces. Also, dice the Angel cake and strawberries.
- Take an ice cream bowl and arrange the blue jello pieces at the bottom. Add cool whip, along with Angel cake cubes. Put in strawberries and again some cool whip. Top it with red jello pieces and some more cool whip. Spread some blueberries on top and serve.
Some other food ideas for the Independence Day are hotdogs, barbecue beans, steaks, apple pie, etc. Drinks can include lemonade, summer cocktails, and iced tea. So, try out these recipes and enjoy this patriotic day in a delicious way.